Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Chris and I had a wonderful holiday. We had my family over for the annual "Night Under the Christmas Tree". We ate lots of junk, played games, and watched kid's movies until way late. Then all the kids slept in the living room. When I was growing up, everyone slept under the tree, but now we all have bad backs and end up going to our beds. HA! We each get to open one present, usually pajamas, a movie, or game. The kids all got new pajamas and had fun posing for pictures in their new PJs. Chris and I each got slippers and Chris got a robe.


I love having mom and dad live close!

For Christmas we went to Jenny's with all of Chris's family. It was fun. I'm not used to waking up at 7:00 in the morning on Christmas Day though. I would've loved to get a little more sleep. Emma and Landon could barely wait until 7:00 though, so I'm probably pretty lucky. Emma was in charge of passing out the presents. Landon focused on opening his gifts as fast as he could. Lyla wasn't sure about opening the presents, but she loved playing with the wrapping paper.

Chris got me skis (yet another sport for him to kick my butt in) and I got him a Golf GPS. I'm sure his golf game will improve, though I don't think it needs to.

The following day we got to go to the Draper LDS Temple to seal Chris's dad, Steve, to his parents. It was awesome. I was surprised to not see many tears around the room, but it was a spiritual experience for everyone there. I'm glad I got to be a part of it.




It's been a good year. We're very blessed!

1 comment:

Bettridge Family said...

The kids had so much fun at your house. Natalie says, "Go see Aimee, Chris!" Thanks for letting us stay. And for spoiling our kids!! See you this weekend.