Friday, June 19, 2009

Kaua'i Hawai'i

Chris & I took a trip to Kaua'i Hawaii for our 2nd anniversary and to celebrate my auto settlement and starting my new company. The 1st thing they said to us when we arrived on the island was "Romance is MANDATORY". And it was! It was romantic, beautiful, peaceful, relaxing, and all-around amazing.

We hiked 8 miles round trip to the most amazing 300 foot waterfall, sailed around the Napali Coast, snorkled, attended a luau, and flew over the island in a door-less helicopter. We didn't hang out on the beach as much as I thought we would, so my tan is lacking...but everything we did do was perfect! We found rare sea shells to make me a necklace or bracelet.

I've tried to attach a video of the fire dancer at the luau, but it doesn't seem to want to upload. Sorry. The video wouldn't do it justice anyway. We had a front row seat. I was sitting there minding my own business when one of the dancers pulled me out to hula with him. After a few minutes of embarrassment he let me sit down. Not 15 seconds later, another dancer came and pulled me out to hula with him. Seriously! Twice in one night. Someone else should've had a turn, don't you think!?

I suggested we stay and live on the island, forget the real world! Chris thought I was crazy. Too bad!

I'd attach a video of the helicopter ride, but our video camara froze up on us just as we boarded. Ya, you guessed it, we didn't get a single video of the helicopter flight! Just pictures. Sad!

I hope we get to go again!

6 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

How exciting! I have never been, but will go SOMEDAY! Glad you had a great time!

Benny Boo and Linsey Lou said...

How fun! I love Hawaii! I've never been to Kawai, just Ohau, but that's the next place I want to go. Looks like you guys had a blast!

Benny Boo and Linsey Lou said...

ps- I hope you ate at bubba gump while you were there... I heard they have yummy yummy food.

Thorpe Family said...

Aimee!!! I have to tell you how much a LOVED your lesson today! EXCELLENT!!! I had to post about it on my blog it was so great! So, anyway, thanks!

Mikasa said...

Amy, I'm so jealous, and yes I have looked at this post twice, I just want to go to Hawaii so bad, it looks like it was awesome.
PS I need lisa's email so she can add me to her blog list. my email is mikasasullivan@gmail.com. Thanks, Mikasa

~ K i l e e ~ said...

its one coolest picture of you two! You guys look so happy! I hope to have it next! :-) Love ya !